This year we celebrate our fourteenth year of Bliss Boutiques. Fourteen years of building relationships with our customers, offering the brands whose ethics, style, and quality we believe in, and enjoying the Portland and Portsmouth (and online!) communities. We believe there is just something special about the boutique shopping experience. In the spirit of another year of Bliss, we asked our employees which Bliss item they hold most dear, and we loved hearing what they had to say!
1. "I chose a Velvet Ruched tank dress- it always comes with me when I travel! It's easy to pack, wrinkle-proof and can be dressed up or down! It's perfect for a night on the town in Venice, Italy. On this trip, I surprised my mom with a Butter dress from Bliss too!" - Kim
2. "Before I worked at Bliss, I dreamt of saving up for my first pair of Frye boots. As soon as I could, I drove straight to Bliss; I knew the customer service and selection would be unbeatable. I bought a pair of black Veronica short boots within minutes!" -Jill
3. "For years, I've wanted a vest. When I saw this one from Citizens of Humanity, I knew I had to have it. It's lightly quilted without being puffy and I appreciate that the hardware isn't super shiny. -Laura
4. "I have shopped at Bliss for much longer than the 5 years I have worked there - basically any wedding since college, when I didn't have to wear a bridesmaid dress, I have worn a Bliss dress. But honestly some of my favorite purchases have been gifts - picking out the perfect thing to give my mom for Mother's Day amongst all the new spring arrivals is such a treat. By far the best has been this beautiful Epice floral scarf. What better gift could I give the lady who taught me my love of color, pattern, and texture!?!" -Kelly
5. "One of my favorite purchases from Bliss are my Pendleton towels. Not only are they the best beach accessory in the summer; they are so beautiful and unique that I keep them displayed all year round!"- Brianna
6. "I have found my sole-mate in the form of a frye boot!" -Tiffany
7. "I had been searching for years for just the right bag to invest in. I wanted a bag that would get better with age that I could eventually hand down to my daughter as she goes off to college. The moment I saw the JW Hulme Excursion Bag I knew that I had found it! This bag will truly last a lifetime." -Michelle
8. "The Ginger wide leg trouser by Seven For All Mankind is my all time favorite purchase from Bliss! They are a shorter inseam for a tailorless look which serves my 5'3" stature perfectly. I love the high waist and their 70's vibe!" -Merry
9. "There is this perfect little dress by CP Shades called the Mercedes A-line dress, and I have been coveting it for way too long. It comes in many colors and even adorable stripes. The color combination that is my absolute favorite is the red and natural stripe. This cozy little dress works beautifully over leggings, skinny jeans, or a pair of cut offs. Versatility matters to me, and this dress is all about being versatile." -Amie
10. "This embroidered silk scarf by Nomadic Thread Society was one of my earliest Bliss purchases, and it's still one of my most beautiful possessions. I've only worn it a handful of times, but it's always hanging next to my vanity, making the room a little bit prettier. My favorite thing about this scarf is how you can find every color of the rainbow hiding in the mixed florals, patterns and threads." -Althea
11. "Ella Moss is my favorite. I love getting a couple new pieces this time of year!" -Cindy
12. "Between going to trade-shows, being a mother to a four year old son, and running between Bliss and Little, I need a bag that's capable of carrying everything and anything. I love this one because it's as functional as it is beautiful!" -Ang
13. "My favorite Bliss purchase time and time again has to be a Margaret O'Leary sweater! Currently I'm loving my navy blue seed stitched sweater! Perfect for cooler days on the beach or date night! It's always my go to!" -Regina
14. "I wear my Frye Reina booties everywhere. They are super comfortable and go with everything" -Jaime
If you love birthday festivities, and giveaways, you'll definitely want to stay tuned this week!